Fabric Structures | Flat Pack Container Shelters |  Pop Up Cabins Office Sheds   |  Container Covers  |  Industrial Tents |  Portable Structures  |  Instant Buildings


General Information

Visit our Catalogue to view our range and request prices.

Technical Downloads


General Information

International Certifications

Splash operates from Australia, a country that has one of the strictest structural engineering codes in the world, so our structures design automatically fall in line with Australian and New Zealand codes. We impose these standards upon our Asian factories for all structure that we will sell internationally,  even though our requirements exceed the internationally accepted IBC (International Building Codes) standards.   Our factories have dealt with the west for some years and taken measures to meet the Quality Assurance Certifications of western manufacturers.

Splash provides Warranties and Certifications on behalf of our Chinese and Korean Factories.  

About Australian and New Zealand Building Codes

Australia and New Zealand have their own specific rules relating to structural engineering and all locally manufactured and imported shelters must comply with these rules.  Arch Shelters Industrial Tents can be temporary (not exceeding 6 months) or semi-permanent (fixed but transportable) therefore structural design and engineering complies with AS/NZS 1170 Building Codes to meet the weather and terrain standards of Australia and New Zealand, including cyclone and earthquake.  (this means we must use the correct ballast and wall reinforcements - e.g. quake or cyclone rods)

Australia and New Zealand   AS/NZS 1170.2:2011  (Document on International Compliance

Fabric Structures and Portable Buildings
In countries where they have adopted International Building Codes or better, the requirements may differ slightly, but not a great deal for the "siting" of Portable Structures, so we offer this explanation of how the system works Australia (and most Commonwealth countries) including many other European countries.  

Portable Structures fall under the Temporary Structures and Non-Habitable Buildings (sheds, warehouses and hangars) codes.  This means in summary that portable structures under 100 sqm (that will be constructed on Private or Corporate property), do not require a Building Permit or Licensed Builder to construct. Structures over 100sqm are required to apply to local council for approval, and will require an authoratative sign off at the end of construction.  This can be any licensed installer, builder, site engineer or other authorised structural official.

This changes for structures sited in a public place, e.g. markets, events, sports etc ... a Siting Permit will be required by Council to erect the structure with an Engineers Sign off once constructed.

For tents and structures that will be regularly relocated to new public places, an Occupancy Permit is a dated certificate (similar to a vehicle rego) attached to an individual structure, that will speed up application of Siting Permits through Council Applications

Ultimately State and Local Council laws apply to permissions provided to use fabric structures as private, commercial, rural or aviation structures, and you should research "Temporary Structure Regulations" of your State to research the rules in your country and locality ... however rule of thumb is as follows:

1. Private, Commercial, Rural, Construction & Mining ....  

Structures under 100 sqm  An (unsigned) Arch Shelter General Certificate is usually sufficient to satisfy a council or port authority if a siting permit is required and structure will be used longer than 6 months to a maximum of two years. (A siting permit is required to be applied for again after 2 years)  Short term use does not usually require formal application to council unless near to public places.  In some cases, a Safety Inspection Sign Off may be required at the end of installation, an area has been included in the Arch Shelter General Certificate for this. Sign off can be conducted by any licensed engineer, builder, building inspector or designated site official. 

Structures over 100 sqm  An Arch Shelter General Certificate plus an Engineers Safety Inspection Sign Off is usually required for Local Council Siting Permits, unless in a remote area, bu will be insisted upon by Splash Arch Shelter, to confirm structure is sound.  Most construction and mining sites have an onsite engineer or licensed installer who can conduct the necessary sign off.

2.  Aviation ...   

Application for hangars and structures is usually governed by local council, port authority and strip managers/owners.

For structures under 100sqm an Arch Shelter General Certificate is usually sufficient to support an application, however there will likely be a Safety Inspection instigated or requested by the Airstrip Authorities.

For structures over 100sqm an Arch Shelter General Certificate plus a Safety Inspection sign-off will usually be required, and insisted upon by Splash Arch Shelters to ensure structure is sound.

3.  Public Events/Places  .. Schools, Hospitals, Shopping Centres, Museums, Markets, Open Air Events.
Portable Structures placed into any public area fall under Temporary Structure Rules, and are designed to protect the general public ...
Structures under 100sqm that will be used for short term i.e. less than 6 months, an unsigned Arch Shelter General Certificate will usually be sufficient to support Siting Permit applications.  Larger structures and those that will be required to remain for a longer period of time, the Council will require an Occupancy Permit or Safety Inspection Sign Off.  

FYI: Links to Information    Brisbane   




Who's Looking

We have 24 guests and no members online